Auto Accidents Attorney With Offices in Cheltenham, Cherry Hill, & Philadelphia
Cheltenham AUTO ACCIDENTS ATTORNEY SERVING PHILADELPHIA, BENSALEM, FEASTERVILLE, COLLINGSWOOD, & SURROUNDING AREAS
Auto Accidents Attorney Cheltenham
Auto accidents in Cheltenham are one of those events that feel surreal and don’t quite register as reality until after reality sets in. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, (CDC), distracted driving kills 9 people and injures more than 1,000 people each day in the United States. The CDC lists three types of distractions common in these accidents. They include:
- Cognitive distractions, where the driver takes their mind off the job of driving;
- Manual distractions, where the driver takes their hands off the wheel; and
- Visual distractions, where the driver takes their eyes off the road.
Any of these alone or in combination can result in an auto accident in Cheltenham. Some examples of behavior that result in distracted driving include fiddling with the radio, talking on the phone, eating while driving, or trying to read a map or work a vehicle navigation system.
Texting is particularly dangerous because when texting, the driver engages in cognitive, manual, and visual distractions at the same time. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) points out taking your eyes off the road for five seconds to send or read a text at 55 miles per hour is the equivalent of driving the entire length of a football field with your eyes closed. Car and truck accidents are inevitable as long as drivers engage in this type of behavior.
Types of auto accidents:
If you have been injured in an any type of auto accident it is import to contact an experience personal injury attorney near you right away.
What Should I do after a Car Accident
The steps that ought to be taken after a car accident or an auto accident are part of the PA code §75-3744 law so that you are in right standing with the law and also enduring you and the other driver’s safety. No one ever expects to get into a car crash, but preparing for what to do at an event like that reduces any uncertain expectations.
Call 911 and check with the other driver immediately after pulling your vehicle to the side of the road and away from obstructing traffic. This can either be a situation where you are angry and your vehicle is badly damaged or you are severely injured and can barely move. These cases will have nuances, so try not to lag too long in calling 911 immediately after pulling away from traffic. After calling the police, try remaining calm and exchange insurance information with the other driver, as well as car registration and license. Keep the location of the auto accident, the time of day, and the weather conditions documented –record a video or short clip with your smartphone to gather this evidence if you can.
Proper documents must be present. This means you must have your vehicle registration present, as well as your auto insurance for your car, motorcycle, or any other vehicle. There is an automatic $300 fine when one is caught driving without insurance (if it is the driver’s first offense), followed by a $176 vehicle registration restoration fee and reinstate your driver’s license.
Do not attempt to drive away from the scene after an auto accident in Cheltenham to try to track down a vehicle that did a hit and run on your car or motorcycle. Likewise, if you accidentally hit another’s automotive, do not flee without leaving a note filled with your name, number, and address so that the other driver may get in contact with you. You must also be on the safe side by including the location and time of day of the accident in the note.
Have emergency signage if possible. This means investing in flare, orange cones to prevent your vehicle from further damage, you, and others involved in the auto accident from further injury. Also, always assure that your vehicle has working airbags and has to work 4-way blinkers so that other drivers may not run into your crash, causing further damage. Now if you are the victim and badly injured with no one else in the vehicle to help after you have dialed 911, be sure to signal for help from a pedestrian or another driver if you can. You always want to do the best that you can to remain safe and not get a further injury.
File an accident report in the event the police do not show up at the scene. There are cases, although not too common, where the police may not show up. Having an official report can help in cases where the other driver decides to sue for damages or injuries or in case you see that there was more damage on your end than anticipated. You will also need the police report when you make an insurance claim with Randy H. Kaplan Law Offices.
Injury from Auto Accidents In Cheltenham
When someone is injured in an auto accident, they need an auto accident lawyer on their side to protect their interests. Injured parties are entitled to compensation for many different things, including:
- Lost wages are extremely unfortunate and are usually a result of being injured in an auto accident. Typically, the next step is to file for unemployment to manage your way of living. When you contact Randy H. Kaplan Law Offices, you are assured that those lost wages will be reimbursed promptly. We are sure to let you know what your turn out might be every step of the way.
- Hospital bills can be destructive to your financial substance. These bills are a result of what happens when you find yourself badly injured to the extent that you are staying in a hospital for the recovery process. Being involved in an auto accident is not something anyone ever expects should happen to them. The expenses incurred from the accident may be in the way of major savings and cause you to push back your plans. Contacting an auto accident attorney near Cheltenham will help put your worry to rest. Once you have all your records and receipts of expenses gathered together, it will count as more evidence and give you a better chance of a hospital bill reimbursement.
- Medication costs, similar to hospital bills, are equally detrimental to the financial health of the individual involved in a Cheltenham motor accident. The important thing to do is ensure all proof is documented for your car accident attorney to better help your case
- Transportation costs to and from a doctor’s office are another expense that is important to keep track of from the day of the accident to the last day an expense was made. When a motor accident occurs, it is important to find surrounding witnesses as they may likely help in speaking on your behalf for example, if you were injured and had to be driven to a medical facility by an ambulance. Witnesses can help emphasize a transportation cost reimbursement that ought to be covered by the other driver if they were at fault. Too much evidence is better than little to no evidence. If you are not sure what counts as evidence for an auto accident claim, contact Randy H.Kaplan Law Offices today, and we will be sure to help you.
- Physical therapy bills; and other expenses related to the accident, such as emotional distress or pain and suffering are expenses that can be rendered back to you in the event the other driver was at fault. Lawsuits recognize all of these forms of losses, so don’t worry about the aftermath, but focus on making sure you did what you could after a car accident and contact your local car accident attorney serving Cheltenham.
A personal injury attorney has relationships with doctors and other specialists who can assist in your recovery.
What to do When Someones Dies in an Auto Accident
There is a lot to deal with and handle when someone dies in an auto accident. The majority of the time finances play a huge role in how to recover the losses incurred, including the vehicle driven by the deceased, auto insurance, possible car note. These kinds of life events can leave one with little to no time to prepare what steps to take, who to call first, and how to make life insurance claims. Unfortunately, actions for your next steps have to be taken within a few days after you hear about the accident. We understand that it can be extremely tough to important financial decisions while still in shock over your loss. It is always best to contact an auto accident lawyer serving Cheltenham to help you file a death claim on the other driver if they were at fault in the auto accident. When someone dies in a car accident, an auto accident attorney can help the family recover through the most difficult time of their lives. If the deceased was an insured driver, there is a high chance of Personal injury protection (PIP) to cover funeral expenses. No amount of money can replace a lost loved one. Instead, money can help the family with past out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident, and, in many cases, compensate the family for lost future earnings.
Auto Accident Attorney Serving Cheltenham, Bensalem, Cherry Hill, & Philadelphia
If you have been injured in Cheltenham, Montgomery County or the greater Philadelphia area, Randy H. Kaplan Law Offices auto accident attorney can help you recover injuries, property losses, and compensation for the deceased driver’s family. Contact us today for a free consultation. There is no cost to you unless we win your case.